The organic smell of genuine leather- to me, there is no better scent! Leather is a quality material and has no equal. However, there is a great alternative that feels great, looks great, and is much more affordable… Pleather!
WHAT IS IT?
Pleather is a slang term used for synthetic leather made of plastic. The most popular form of pleather is made out of a polyurethane film, which is a lighter, more flexible and less restrictive material than leather.
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT IT?
Despite the fact it is easier to move in, the material is also much easier to clean. Umm it makes life easier- what young person doesn’t like that!? Pleather only requires the occasional wipe down with a cloth dipped in a solution of mild detergent and warm water. This simple care routine ensures a longer life for the garments, making them nearly as durable and reliable as their true leather counterparts.
IT SAVES WHAT?
Well considering pleather is used instead of real cow hide, it is safe to say that it saves the cows! It is used as a great alternative for animal lovers who don’t want to wear animal products. Oh and it totally saves you money too!
Pleather has been around since the 1970’s, and there is a reason it has remained popular in the fashion world- it is a very versatile fabric that can be made into virtually any accessory or item of clothing.
I mean let’s face it, you don’t want to be wearing an expensive leather jacket in the middle of summer to give your look a Bad A$$ edge. It is way too hot and as twenty somethings, we are way too poor!
No need to panic, pleather has got you covered!
So you get what I’m trying to say now, right?
Pleather is AMAZING!!! It is so versatile, chic, edgy, and totally gives you that Bad A$$ look!
So enjoy the look my lovelies! And remember that A LITTLE PLEATHER NEVER HURT NOBODY!
– Chookie xoxox
- Superb Seven: Leather Meets Pleather (vintageinspiredpassionista.com)
- Faux Leather Details For Fall (gliks.com)
- 5 reasons I “need” a [faux] leather skirt this season (aprettypennyblog.com)
- Genuine Leather vs. Pleather/ Faux/ Fake/ Vinyl (fashiondiarypages.com)
- Perfect Pleather (emmakayflowers.wordpress.com)
- Pleather=Pretty+Leather (paigeandmacaira.wordpress.com)
- Creature of Habit (shechic.net)
- Leather Skirts (thefashionfoot.com)
- Loving Some Leather – Fall 2013 (metamorphosisbyebeth.com)