Straight from Los Angeles comes an Indie rock band called Haim, pronounced to rhyme with time, made up of the three sisters Alana, Este and Danielle Haim, and the ‘not seen but there’ drummer, Dash Hutton. Listening to their songs, you’ll think 80’s with a bit of the 90’s in the mix. Often being compared to Fleetwood Mac, this band have been described to have a new folk and R&B mix.
While they’ve been around for a while, it’s been their previous commitments that have prevented the band from going any further… until now that is. Supporting big names such as Mumford & Sons, Ke$ha and Florence and the Machine, Haim won this year’s BBC Sound of 2013 award and performed at the Glastonbury Festival. This is all before they’ve even released their first album!
Their first album, Days Are Gone, will be released at the end of this month.
Their first single from their album is The Wire. It’s catchy and the film clip is a whole lot of funny. It’s nice to see the guy crying instead of the girl this time 😉
Check it out and let us know what you think!
– Lights x
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Your New Favorite Band, Haim (buzzfeed.com)
- Haim To Release Highly Anticipated Debut On September 30 Via Columbia (hangout.altsounds.com)
- Artists of the moment (thecharlottemumfordblog.wordpress.com)
- TRACK REVIEW: Haim – The Wire (lemuzik.wordpress.com)
- Haim Love! (alexatiganis.wordpress.com)